Striders 10km (14km)
Saturday- Having missed the last couple of Striders 10km races I was looking forward to Lane Cove and my favourite course.Wasn't expecting too much speed wise having not done any speed work for months and the longer stuff not helping in that department either.
Ran a 2km warm up with Vat. I settled in just behind ORunner and Professor for the first 2km but they soon pulled away at the start of Scribbly.
I struggled up Scribbly feeling the effects of a hard bike session the day before. Same up to the Ryde Rd gates, a grind. Hit 5km in 21:14 feeling very average. The second 5km was a different story, I felt great coming back down the hill and passed several runners.
Ended up with 42:10, better than I expected but still a way off my PB.
I hung around for quite a while afterwards catching up with Striders and CRs. Well done to Joe and all the volunteers involved with this series, look forward to next year.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home