Striders 10km Homebush- Pacing Duties
Update first..
Thursday- Nada, rest.
Friday- Run- Swim Run
Ran up to Lane Cove Pool- 1300mtrs swim (26min) and run back to office (5km)
Saturday-Striders 10km Homebush
Lots of fun this morning pacing the 45 minute group. JD, Aunty K, Truckie and others. We stayed together for the best part maintaining a steady 4:30/km pace.
With a couple of kms to go I encouraged anyone who felt good legs to pull away and stay in front of me. We were a good 10 seconds ahead of splits when at the 9km marker we pulled up alongside Amjan. I told her to try and stay in front of me for sub 45. She hung around on my shoulder until the overpass where she stopped, I figured she'd miss out on a sub 45 but much to my surprise she soldiered on and finished in front of me, gutsy stuff Amjan.
JD pulled away with a km to go to comfortably finish well under 45. Most of the pack finished ahead of me and after Amjan passed I figured that was the lot when suddenly Dash turned on a sprint to finish just under 45.
I crossed the line a tad fast as I figured the group had all finished.Totally recommend pacing, it's very rewarding.You get to volunteer and run at the same time, not a bad deal really.
Now for the bashing next week...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home