Quarry Track-39km
Sunday-5:40am
Back to Quarry track for my final hitout before 6FT and my bench mark run from last year.
3 laps, the hope was to split them evenly, beat last years time and run most of the hills.
A very humid morning, I did the first section from Quarry Rd to Stewart avenue with my headlamp on, it was still dark. Awesome running through a thick cloud of humid mist with marsupials dashing off the track ahead. As I neared the final climb to Stewart ave, ORunner turned up and we ran together for the next couple of laps. Lots of runners about all training for 6FT and few MTBers too. Ran all the hills solidly for the first 2 laps bar one climb out to Quarry Rd. I felt surprisingly strong given my recent attempts at hill running.
The 3rd lap involved a little more walking but my split didn't really reflect this.
I drank 5 ltrs all up, powerade and water, ate some creamed rice and a powerbar too.
Splits were very pleasing: (each way splits in brackets)
1:13:47 (37:32,36:14)
1:13:24 (36:09, 37:15)
1:14:11 (37:06, 37:05)
Total-3:41:22
Last year I ran splits 1:14,1:13,1:16 so an improvement of 3 minutes or so this year. I feel I am in about the same shape as I was last year and even though I nailed 6FT tactically last year, I'll be pushing for a PB again this year.
A pleasing week with a good hills session on Tuesday, long run on Weds and long hills yesterday- Total-109km


4 Comments:
Good to see you out there, it was great to run with someone rather than solo. You were very consistent on the hills and are looking good again for 6ft
Hey Spud - I remember last years hitout well - it was when we first met ;-)
Great to see you in even better form than then - you are going to slay that PB mate!
You just keep on keeping on Spud. You look to be in great shape and on course for another PB.
That's a good confidence booster for 6ft Spud. 5 litres of water is a lot. I hope it's cooler in a couple of weeks.
Post a Comment
<< Home