Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Some speedwork..

12pm-Took advantage of the cooler weather and did some 400m repeats at Rotary Track.It’s been a while since I last did these and after last Saturdays 10km reminder, I needed some sharpening up with some high aerobic stuff.
2.5km warm up to the track, 8x400 with 60-second recoveries.
Mc Millan suggests 85-87 seconds per rep based on a 41min 10km.
I thought I’d run the first and see what I got and take it from there.
Ended up with:

83
82
82
83
83
82
82
83

I am very happy with these splits (average pace per rep 3:26/km) especially holding it together for the last four; I was totalled afterwards and reminded why I dislike speed work. Still it’s all good I suppose.

Warmed down with 4.5km back to work.

Total-10.3km

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger 2P said...

Nice speedwork session Spud - particularly with only a 60 sec recovery - well done ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home