Quarry Track-Long Hills
6:15am- Had a terrific run on the Quarry Track this morning, a bit of a surprise really given I'm still trying to shake this damn cold and wasn't feeling too flash yesterday. Got away early anticipating a hot day.
Ran well to the creek and climbed aggressively up to Stewart Ave on the first lap where 2P was about to start his laps. A good clip back down the hill to the bridge, there were several runners out there today. The secret's out, Quarry Track is where the 6 ft'ers are training. I felt strong on the first lap and ran all hills.
Splits for first lap where:
35:26-Stewart Ave
35:25-Quarry Road
Total-1:10:52
A quick grub stop at the car and then off for lap 2.
Again a good clip down to the creek, I took intermediate splits, like the tree hollow at the end of the flat section before the descent and then the bridge itself, these tell me how I'm travelling.
I was wearing the Camelbak today, the last few times I managed on just a handheld, it was quite humid out there.
Across the creek and the climb up to Stewart Ave, passed some of the earlier runners again.
Reached the gate still feeling good. The run back to Quarry road gate went well too, ran all hills again so no walking today at all, very encouraging.
Splits for second lap:
35:34-Stewart Ave
36:39-Quarry Road
Total-1:12:13
A bit of a slow down on the last section but still pleased with pretty even splits.
Finished feeling I could of done another lap but decided two was enough for today, I want to be fresh for a big week ahead.
I think I have finally battered my body into submission with hilly runs almost every weekend for the last 6-7 weeks and am starting to reap the rewards, it does get easier!


1 Comments:
Great to see you out there again Spud - you were looking so strong!
I can only dream of split times like the ones you pushed out today - well done mate ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home