Saturdays Striders 10km (13km)
Seem to have lost this report from the blogger so a repost.
Humid morning. Ran 3km warm up.
Some turn out!That first km was my slowest at Lane Cove (4:17).Reasonably happy with my run, wasn't expecting too much speed given I haven't done any speed work for a number of months. After the first 2km I was about 10 metres behind Prof. I stayed there on the climb up Scribbly and back down the other side. Got through 5km in 21:29 then struggled a bit getting up to the turnaround which surprised me given the amount of hills I've been running of late?
Prof slowly started pulling away as I started slacking off between 7-9km cruising in 4:14s. Not long after the 9km marker Fake Plastic Trees pulls up and passes me, I thought, can't have that, so I decided to take off and charge for the line. I ended up passing a good 4-5 runners on the last km and finished with a 3:47 last km split, which told me I was slacking off big time.
If Robert hadn't of pulled up alongside me I would of been happy to bludge my way home.
Second 5km split was 20:54 for a total 42:23.Great runs by Prof, Seagull and O Runner.
Might need to consider wave starts with numbers like this mornings.
Splits:
1km-4:17
2km-4:03
3km-4:14
4km-4:15
5km-4:38 (5km-21:29)
6km-4:17
7km-4:14
8km-4:14
9km-4:20
10km-3:47(5km-20:54)
Total-42:23


1 Comments:
I lost my post on Saturday as well Spud. A good run considering the high klms you are doing at present.
Post a Comment
<< Home