Monday, February 13, 2006

Striders Equaliser and Recovery

7am-After a drop back week in terms of mileage I was hoping to give this race a good bash.
And I did for the first 11km where I ran splendidly downhill and steadily uphill. My plan was to hammer the downhills and jog the uphills and see how I went on the flat. I ran well through the first 6km of bush and reached the road section feeling good. The bitumen section afforded a bit of recovery and then back into the bush. I bashed anything remotely downhill and held a decent pace on the flats but never really had much on the final uphills. I reached the creek before the final 3km push back to the finish feeling ok but no far up the last hill I ran out of steam and waddled back for a 69:45 finish. Having passed quite a few runners just before the creek, and putting in a good gap I was cuaght by most on the final climb.
A bit disappointed to be honest, I was hoping to at least match last years time (67:53). Seemed a few others struggled out there, both navigationally as well as physically.
Promising signs with my downhill running however!

Hung around for the Striders AGM where a few new committee members were elected including our new President ORunner taking "office" as Action stood down after 3 years of superb leadership. Congrats to Dave Bray.

Stats: 14.28km-1:09:45 (4:53/km) (1km warm up)

5pm-Recovery 10km-51:42 (5:09/km) Got out for a trot around the local burbs just before dinner, it was still very hot and humid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home