Friday, August 25, 2006

Trailwalker envy

I decided this morning to incorporate my morning run with the Sydney Trailwalker event. I ran the first section in reverse and timed it so I would see the front runners coming through just as I was getting back to work. I was a tad early so hung around at the Magdala Rd side of the pipe bridge waiting for a while. The front runners ACT Run with CRs Jo Blake were doing it easy and said g'day as they passed. Followed shortly by the Cosmoboys. It was good to see the fast teams, I always wondered what kind of pace they would be doing early on, pretty relaxed really. Thing is they maintain that pace pretty much all day consistently. Bumped into a few mates, namely the Fatass boys FART, with Tim, Jan, Nick and Marie Claire all looking fresh and happy and a smattering of Sydney Striders and CRs. A huge part of me wanted to bet out there with them, but I'm throwing all eggs into the Glasshouse basket next week. Maybe next year...?

Had a good run apart from a spill, as I made my way back to work along one of the boardwalks, it was damp. Came down on my knee, that was ok, but my hip flexor copped a fair old stretch and now it's tender and bugging me a little.
Just as well I'm tapering.

10km-55min.

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, August 25, 2006, Blogger Tesso said...

I might be an (un)official member of Team GBH but I'm glad you didn't succumb to the Trailwalker temptation.

I'm looking forward to a great run from you at GH next weekend so I hope that hip flexor is okay.

 
At 9:52 PM, August 25, 2006, Blogger undercover brother said...

theres only 1 cure i know of for TW envy - and thats giving heaps of crap to those who are participating.
i've already sent tim 7 texts messages.
how about you?

 
At 6:17 PM, August 27, 2006, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Good luck at Galsshouse next weekend Spud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home