Friday, November 19, 2004

Hey it wasn't all that bad..

Took the day off today to attend my eldest daughter's orientation day. She starts school next year. So I decided to take my new wetsuit for a trial swim at the local pool this morning. It was stinking hot at 9am, already approaching 30C and humid too. I thought to myself this is not gonna be nice.
Plan was to just give it a try out, I was concerned about it being too tight around my neck.
A couple of blokes working at the pool shook their heads as I slipped into it. They must of been thinking, who's the idiot wearing a wettie on a 30C+ day??As it happened 10 laps later I was fine if not a little warm. The wettie rocks, having never swam in one before, couldn't believe the added bouyancy it offers. I was doing 50m laps 5-8 seconds faster. It was hot on the 10th lap, so I took it off and did another 500m without. Noticeable difference. I will be wearing it on Sunday.

Can't wait. Better go, the cricket's about to start :-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home