M2 Ride
Got out on the M2 this morning with a couple of guys from work. They had both just upgraded their bikes so I knew I was in for a whole lotta pain ;-).
We rode from Lane Cove to Old Windsor road and back covering 45.4kms. Rode pretty hard the whole way especially on the return leg. Picked up a Garmin Forerunner 201 yesterday from Johnny Appleseed and charged it up last night. Took it on the bike with me this morning with the intention of comparing it to my bike computer readings of speed and distance. As luck would have it the battery on my bike computer was dead! Bummer, still the other guys had bike computers and I knew the overall distance of the ride anyway. I was way impressed with the Garmin. It read 45.4km total and whilst riding the realtime Km/min were about right with the speed we were travelling. It was nice to creep under 1min/kms ;-) hitting 60km/hr plus. We hammered it from the tunnel back to work averaging over 40km/hr.
Legs are pretty shot right now, looking forward to a long run tomorrow morning.


1 Comments:
Yeah spud thats exactly what the Doctor orders for dead legs - a long run!
I love running but anyone that can run, ride and swim is up there another notch. What's your next Tri?
Is the Garmin Forerunner easy to read whilst running/riding? I'm interested in requesting one for Chrissy this year ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home