Birthday Run
What a nice way to spend your birthday morning, an easy 20km run with a mate through some of Sydney's beautiful bush. This is my usual midweek long run through Lane Cove National Park and taking in some of the Great North Walk thru Hunters Hill. Rain had threatened but it turned out to be dry and sunny! Set off at 6am from Lane Cove, felt great running thru the park and up Scribbly Gum. Thoughts of how much harder I was pushing it up this very hill on Saturday at the Striders 10km. Loved the smell in the bush after last nights rain. Met a tourist/runner in the park and chatted for a while , she then took off up a dirt track to the left off the bitumen trail we follow. I thought I must try that one day, see where it goes.
We hit Epping Road and then back thru Ryde and Hunters Hill before heading over Fig Tree Bridge back to Lane Cove. Pace was easy just over 5 min kms.
Back to the track tomorrow.


1 Comments:
Happy birthday, Spud - there's some good running up my end of the world, good to see I wasn't the only one out and about, although I was more city-centric in my endeavours this morning.
Post a Comment
<< Home