SMC Half Marathon
Struggled to get out of bed this morning, (like yesterday morning when I turned the alarm off favouring a sleep in over the CR5km)Big day yesterday watching the mighty Swannies take out the AFL final. Very groggy this morning.Knowing I am not race ready yet after GH, decided somewhere around 95mins would be a good pace.
Felt pretty average from 10-15km but looking at splits held it together when I felt I'd slowed down a bit.Ran the first few kms with Professor and then pulled away when pace was dropping off a little. Stayed pretty much by myself then for the rest of the race with a fast approaching GNScon not far behind (well run Rob).
Good to catch up with the CR/Strider gang as always. Oh and the R4YL hat gets a big thumbs up! Also good to see our Uncle on his way back too.
Garmin gave me 21.22km.
5km-22:27
10km-44:35 (22:09)
15km-1:07:29 (22:53)
20km-1:29:54 (22:24)
21.1km-1:34:27 (4:33)
Total for week-
Run-60km
Ride-35km
Swim-1100m


1 Comments:
Super human effort Spud to run under 95 minutes 2 weeks after Glasshouse. I'm sure you are part machine.
Post a Comment
<< Home