Tuesday, September 13, 2005

GH100 Miler

I've beeen reading and dreaming about GH for years now and to have finally experienced this great event,sucked it all in, I feel a huge sense of both relief and belonging.

"Wake me up when September ends", This is the song I had playing over and over out on those trails on Saturday, it truly was a dream weekend.I can't believe the effort Ian and co. go to to put this event together. The checkpoints are well stocked with super experienced people staffing them. Everything from the pasta party to the awards presentations well organised.

Had the pleasure of Whippet and Tim's company for the weekend and we had a blast. Rapt to see Whippet get the monkey off his back with a fine run and look forward to watching Tim do what he's well capable of and get that finisher's mug and shirt.I can't wait to get back to the "mellum" next year guys!

A special mention to a certain UCB, who's tireless energy was astounding, from a double recon trip on the Thursday over the course, to his excellent crewing for Tim and Whippet (as well as many others), I've never seen so much energy and enthusiasm, awesome! Thanks UCB, you're a legend mate.

So many highlights, and many stories to come. I had the race of my life, a years build up culminating in a dream execution on my debut 100 miler. I can't stop smiling and when that gold polo shirt arrives it will stay on my back for a long time. Thanks to all involved for what was a damn fine weekend!

Thanks for all the positive vibes from Blogland!

Report to come...

6 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, September 13, 2005, Blogger silverfox said...

Spud

congratulations, we are waiting on that report with baited breath!

 
At 7:25 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Horrie said...

Spud, congratulations on a stunning debut 100 miler. People dream about the run you had and you did it on your first attempt. Your passion and dedication to your running is an example to all. Soak it up and bask in the glory. Well done Champion!

 
At 2:40 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger Martin said...

Spud, I knew you would do well, but honestly didn't expect that time! You deserve to be as proud as punch mate, now sit back and just enjoy it. Well done!

 
At 1:28 PM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Dave said...

Mate, where's the usual detailed race report???

An absolute legend of a run, I'm hanging out to read all the details.

 
At 12:01 AM, September 17, 2005, Blogger Superflake said...

Excellent race Spud. Congratulations on getting the 100miler out of the way and on such a fast time. Awesome!

 
At 9:05 PM, September 17, 2005, Blogger Bennyr said...

Spud, that was one awesome effort.

I am hanging out for this report.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home