Thursday, September 01, 2005

It had to happen..

I now have the cold my family has had for the past week. Felt very average on my run yesterday and last night was feeling very lethargic. I took Tim's advice (The Hermmannator's recipe) and boiled an onion, added some sugar and drank. Disgusting drink, I ended up sweating through the night however, and felt better this morning. I also had a stick of garlic bread with dinner. Only thing is I now sound like Barry White and smell terrible! A warning was given to my work colleagues this morning.

So no running for now, looks like I might miss the SS10km at North Head too, bugger was looking forward to that one. I just wanna make the start line at GH!

3 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger tim said...

Better now then this time next week. You still have plenty of time to get over it.

Glad the onion thing helped, stinky!

 
At 12:55 AM, September 02, 2005, Blogger Brendan said...

Spud. Overproof rum works too. See you in a week and a bit. Brendan

 
At 10:32 AM, September 03, 2005, Blogger Jen said...

Onion and garlic - nice ;-) Personally I think Brendan's suggestion is a much better idea!

My fingers are crossed for Spud for a quick recovery. J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home