Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rotary Track-30/30s (9.5km)

7am- Ran down to the track this morning for a 30/30 session, see if I had any speed in the legs. 2.5km warmup (5:00/km). Met Kanangra at the track, had a quick chat and then into it. Felt good for the first few reps and then ordinary and then ok towards the end. Didn't feel like there was a whole lot of speed there, and struggled at times with form. Not a great session, not a bad session, just so-so. Warmed down with a few laps and then ran back up Mowbray hill to work.

Have to say I am not a big fan of track speedwork, I guess that's because I haven't been very disciplined about it recently, preferring to do longer tempo runs and fartlek sessions instead.
It's not fazing me though, as I'm not concentrating on lowering 5k and 10k times right now, I might re-visit more rigorous/structured track speedwork after some longer runs this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home