Forced Taper
I am now on antibiotics, apparently suffering from a respiratory infection. The vocal chords are making all sorts of weird sounds. Upshot is the doc reckons I should be right for next week. Antibiotics should kick in today and I should be right by midweek. I haven't ran since Wednesday and am jumping out of my skin to get back on the road. I might venture out tomorrow for 30 minutes or so, make sure I haven't forgotten how to run!
I was feeling pretty spent for a few days there, no energy and thinking the worst, a DNS at GH100. I was seriously thinking I might not make it next week if this bug persists and although I am not out of the woods just yet, I'm more confident of making it to the start line now.
Spent the last few days getting some kinda race plan together, where to place drop bags, what to have in the drop bags, getting my head around course maps etc. I am nervous, anxious, excited all at once, can't wait for Saturday morning!


3 Comments:
I'm pretty sure you haven't forgotten how to run Spud!! Hope you feel better very soon, J.
Sounds moderately positive Spud.
Good luck. I'm looking forward to reading one of your awesome race reports.
Hope you're feeling better mate, I've cooked a huge pot of home made soup which I'm trying to help battle the lurgy! It's getting everyone!
Post a Comment
<< Home