Saturday, December 24, 2005

Quarry Track once more..

5:30am- Hot, bloody hot morning, it was 31C at 7am apparently. Great turnout still, lots of CRs taking up the challenge of some great hill running. I left the house at 5:15am and felt like I'd walked straight into an oven, couldn't believe how warm it was so early.
I did enjoy reaching the creek each lap for noticeably cooler temps.
Ended up knocking off 2 full laps and then another 5km from Quarry Rd return (just before the drop) for about 31km for the morning. Would of liked 3 laps but with xmas shopping still to be done I had to get back early.
Felt a bit rough on the second lap, the heat taking its toll but was glad to see the split didn't blow out too much. Plu joined me for part of the 2nd and 3rd laps.
Despite the numbers out there, it was a lonely run as I was one of only 3 that started on the Quarry Rd end. The other two guys opting for one lap only.

Splits:

Lap1-1:14:45
Lap2-1:16:03
Lap3-23:40 (5km)

Total-2:55

3 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, December 24, 2005, Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you again out there today Spud.

Have a great Christmas - stay safe and enjoy :-)

 
At 6:11 PM, December 25, 2005, Blogger Superflake said...

Hot day out their on Saturday. Hope you have a Merry Christmas Spud. Cheers.

 
At 7:58 PM, December 28, 2005, Blogger Horrie said...

You were looking good out there Spud. In cruise mode and total control.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home