Monday, December 19, 2005

Quarry Track Long (again)

Sunday-6:15am

More hills today, a lot cooler than previous mornings, perfect weather really.
On the menu 2 full laps Quarry Rd-Stewart Ave-Quarry Rd (13km each)
1 lap Quarry Rd-Berowra Creek (bridge) -Quarry Rd gate (9km).

Felt particularly good this morning, definite improvement over last week, I think my legs are finally getting used to hill running again. I managed to run most of the hills, power walking only some of the steeper pinches on the 2nd and 3rd laps. Bumped into CR Kiwi John on the first lap and caught up on his Kepler adventure, sounds like a must do run.
Also quite a few mountain bikers about looking very lost, and only one other runner out there.

I had the car parked at Quarry Rd gates for water access, got through 3 ltrs of water and a museli bar for the morning.

Splits were:

First lap:
35:29-Stewart ave
35:47-Quarry Rd
Total-1:11:17

Second lap:
35:07-Stewart Ave
37:25-Quarry Rd
Total-1:12:32

Creek lap:
22:42-Creek
27:54-Quarry Rd
Total-50:36

Total-35km-3:14:21

103km for the week.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Jen said...

I'm looking forward to (one day) making my Quarry Road debut.

Great session Spud - B2H look out :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home