Monday, December 12, 2005

Quarry Track Long

Sunday-6:25am-31km

On the menu one full lap to Stewart Ave return and then two more loops to the river return to Quarry Rd, all up 31km of hills. It was a lot cooler than Thursday mornings run here but still a bit humid. Ran into 2P on the hill up to Stewart Ave, stopped and had a quick chat, both of us donning 6 FT track singlets and CR caps. Felt a lot better today, must of been the cooler conditions, hammie was considerably better too. Did the first lap (13km) in 1:10:17 so a couple of minutes faster than Thursday. The two loops to the bridge were with splits of
21:49
27:28
22:33
27:49

Reasonably even splits although I did struggle on the final climb. I did this exact run almost a year ago to the day and finished with an overall time 2:53:58, this year 2:50:02, encouraging.

Oh and the new toilet located at the track diversion with GNW is most welcome!

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Dave said...

Good to hear you are back out there and sorry to hear about your dns for C2K, hope everything is ok.

I'm sure we'll catch up around the traps before xmas.

 
At 10:29 AM, December 13, 2005, Blogger 2P said...

Yep I noted the new dunny too ;-)

It was good to catch up Spud, look forward to seeing you out there again.

Oh and nice run - you were looking very sharp!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home