Monday, May 22, 2006

SMH Half Marathon

Pacer for the 100 minute group, which consisted of only 3 runners. We stayed together to Hunter St on the first lap where one fell off. The others stayed until the Domain when another fell off. Pleased to say one did stay with me although I had to slow down a few times and eventually waited at the finish chute till he came in just under 100mins. He was rapt and it made it all worthwhile, not to mention the nice fleece top I got for my troubles. Some great runs by many out there, well done all.A wonderful run, what a contrast to running a bush trail through the night with 12 other runners last weekend!Sorry I didn't make the Pallisades, I had a date with the Mercantile and a few pints of the black stuff.

4 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Superflake said...

Nice work on the pacing mate. Good to see you had fun helper others achieve their goals.

 
At 12:21 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Tesso said...

Good job Spud. As I said to Horrie you probably had more people following you than you think. I found the same thing when I paced Noosa, I thought I only had about 5 or so with me but stacks of others came over afterwards to say I'd helped them out.

 
At 3:12 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work on the pacing Spud and great recovery after Glasshouse.

I'm a bit dirty though - I paid $60 for my top ;-)

 
At 5:23 PM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Horrie said...

Great run once again Spud. How you can effortlessly run a half in sub 100 a week after doing 80km is an inspiration to me. The fleecy jackets are very nice as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home