Good intentions
Had a vague plan of slipping out at lunchtime for a few kms running but after a swim invite from a mate, decided that was more attractive today. Not a big fan of chlorine filled pools though I must admit. 20 minutes of swimming followed by a sauna, not bad way to spend your lunchtime though, I suppose.
The knee is getting better, slowly, amazing the way the body's healing mechanisms slow right down after a big run. Normally my cuts and grazes would be scabbed over by now.
I am on official pacing duties for the SMH half leading out the 100 minute group, should be fine, although I was wussing, looking to pace the 110 group. This will be my 6th SMH half and a run I have a sentimental connection to, being my first half in 2001.
Should be a good collection of Striders and CRs there on Sunday, looking forward to it.


2 Comments:
I knew you couldn't resist Spud. I reckon you run in your sleep. I have wussed out of the 100 minute pacing and am now back to 2 Hours. I also volunteered for 110 thinking that was a nice in between. Still I will be happy plodding around in 2 hours.
Should be fun out there on Sunday driving the 100 minute bus. I can see there'll be a stack of CRs and Striders as passengers.
Have fun. And stay upright ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home