Striders 10km North Head
41:16.
A very unexpected 3 second PB, I'll take it. I was thinking 43 minutes based on a track hitout on Tuesday and would not have been disappointed. Ran 41:19 same time and venue last year but with a lot more trackwork behind me. Ran 21:27 for the first 5km so a positive split but I'll still take it. Struggled from 7-8km (4:14 split) but picked it up passing Barry rutter and others for a good final 2km. Last km in 3:52. Had Seagull in my sights over the last km but just couldn't reel him in finishing right alongside him.Perfect conditions and a lot of fast times ran. Well done to Prof, Miners and Aunty with good runs.
Also great to catch up with Tesso who was in town cheering us on at the sidelines.


5 Comments:
Congratulations Spud. Love a PB without a lot of specific work for it. Well little speedwork that is.
Congrats on the latest PB Spud. Was lovely to see you again & good luck up at GH :-)
LOL - told ya I wouldn't be surprised if you went faster! You make a mockery of the likes of McMillan et al.
Nice work and congratulations on the PB Spud ;-)
Fantastic run Spud - congrats on the shiny new PB.
Good to catch up. I like this cheering caper so much I might even see you again next weekend up at GH.
It must be a good one Spud - you've already updated your PB table. Well done and good luck next week.
Post a Comment
<< Home