Speed check
12pm- Chatswood Rotary Track
Wanted to assess whether I had any speed in the legs and get an idea of what time to shoot for at Saturdays Striders 10km. Ran 2.5km to track warm up. Intention was 2x2km in around 4:10/km pace so each lap in 100s. Result was:
Rep 1:
94,97,96,96,96 for 7:59
2 laps recovery jog
Rep2:
96,98,98,97,94 for 8:03
Pleasing, although I did struggle a bit on the last rep. Being a stranger to the track, it was a good reminder that there is a lot of work to be done on high end aerobic stuff to get some speed back into the legs. Suppose 43 minutes or thereabouts should right for Saturday.
Focus is still on long stuff but no harm throwing a bit of speedwork in every now and again.


2 Comments:
Ordinarily I would suggest that 8 min 2k's would not result in 43min 10k - but given your endurance Spud it wouldn't surprise me if you went faster!
Nice Google shots Spud.As a veteran of no speedwork myself who just did 45mins for 10k on grass/sand I would say 42mins is better for you. Goodluck mate.
Post a Comment
<< Home