Nepean Triathlon
This is an awesome race, well organised, flat and fast.
I had a good hitout, was delighted with my time. I swam 19:xx and felt quite good the whole way. Wetsuit was a bonus. Transition to bike went very well. Wetsuit off in a snip, helmet on and I was outta there. It was so good to get onto the bike. I was in the last wave(35-39) and was quickly passing stacks of cyclists. My plan was to hammer it on the bike and see what I had left in the tank for the run. The bike course is so fast, and conditions were perfect. You could really hammer it to the turn around on Castlereagh Rd. There was heaps of drafting going on though, especially with some of the semi elite guys. I did see one guy get caught, but in fairness he was just picked from a peleton, who were all drafting??
Coming off the bike I stuffed up in transition and went into the wrong aisle, lost about 30 seconds, was spuing as I had such a great bike leg. Not to worry I quickly grabbed my Coolrunning cap, slipped on my shoes and set off for the 10km. Two laps around the lake, they don't get any flatter than this 10km. (Take note Sydney Striders) I felt good on the run and even managed to run second lap faster. Glancing at my stopwatch a sub 2hr finish was on the cards if I pulled the finger out over the last 2km. Ended up with 1:59:02 according to my watch. Stoked, this was so much fun.
Met up with the CR gang for beers and awards ceremony.
Great morning!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home