The Track Nazi-12km
Rotary Track this morning, cool enough to warrant a t-shirt on the way down to the track.
2.5km warm up, Vat and MrG were on their warm down when I arrived. The plan was 3x2km with 3min recovery jogs. I wanted to bash them out at 5km pace (sub 4mins anyway) .
First rep went like this;
7:48(400m splits 90,95,92,96,95)
Second rep was a different story. I was on the first lap when the track nazi (a suited up coach, who I've seen there on numerous occasions) went off at me for running in Lane 1. This lane always has a "lane closed" sign up all year round. In any case I had a few words with him and then popped into lane 3 for the remainder of the rep. Finished with
8:13 (this was for 4.5 laps in lane 3) so I guess sub 4min pace anyhow, haven't worked it out.
Last rep was;
8:12-felt fine on this rep so I was surprised I let the time slip, I wasn't taking splits so I just slacked off I guess.
Warm down and 2.5km back to work.
This is a good session and one I will try to do more often.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home