Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Who needs a bike anyway!

After this mornings debacle, I just had to get out at lunchtime and run off some of the frustration. I ran down to Rotary Track with the plan of knocking off some reps. Got there after a 2.5km warm up, took one look at the track and thought "stuff that, it's too nice a day to be running around in circles!" So I continued past the track and ran hard along Lane Cove river. Deciding to run a hard tempo instead of track work, I was quickly knocking off 4:20-4:25 min kms. Ran past the golf club at Chatswood, crossed Fullers Bridge and entered the park at Lady Game Drive. Ran the SS10km course as far as Scribbly, still splitting 4:20s, feeling fantastic. Ran hard up Scribbly hill and out onto Plassey Rd, stopping briefly for a quick "dead people" drink and then continued across Epping Rd and into East Ryde. Down by the river again and across the Pipe bridge back to work. So after the first 2.5km I ended up averaging 4:25/km for the next 11km and a fair bit of that through the bush. Awesome run , when really I wasn't expecting too much as I warmed up?? Strange thing the human body!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home