The ride from hell!
I was so looking forward to getting on the bike this morning. Got away on what was a cool morning (warranted the donning of leggings) for my usual 45km M2 ride.
Wasn't particularly pushing the pace but still moving along quite well. Got to the turn around (22.5kms) and got a flat within 100 mtrs. Damn I'm sick of these flats I've been getting lately. Back wheel this time and it took me a good 20 mins to fix it, tyre was a bastard to get off! Back on the bike just past Windsor Rd on ramp and I notice my speed backing off. Second flat of the day!! Luckily I carry two spare tubes, so I pull off to the side once more and this time I manage to break my tyre lever prizing the tyre back onto the rim. Go to pump the wheel up and hear a noise, shit I'm stuffed now ( I did check for debris, glass etc inside the tyre wall too). I carry a puncture repair kit but with no tool to get the tyre off I'm stuffed. Quickly I think mobile phone, yep in my back pocket, call my mate from work to come collect me (thanks Tony!). So 2hrs later and only 28kms of riding I get back to work.
That's it I think I'll stick to running from now on. ;-) Definitely need two new tyres


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home