Thursday, April 21, 2005

Rotary Track Speedwork-13.5km

Thumbing though a Runner's World mag last night I came across an interesting speedwork session, so decided to give it a bash this morning. This session is geared toward middle distance running, so half marathon up. Specifics are:

400 (100 rec)
1200 (200 rec)
2400

5min jog recovery

400(100 rec)
1200(200 rec)
2400

The 400 is run at 5km pace, the 1200 at 10km and the 2400 at HM pace.

A total of 8km of fast stuff, so a tough little session particularly as recoveries are quite short.

After a 2km run to the track, the rain started just as I began the reps. I wore a cotton t-shirt too, so was soaked the whole time. Finished with the following:

400-1:33
1200-4:53
2400-10:25

800 recovery

400-1:34
1200-4:56
2400-10:20

2km warm down.

I liked this workout and will try it again next week, nice to mix it up a little, I was getting fed up running 400s and 800s.

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, April 22, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Tough little session is right, Spud! No wonder you get such good results with all the hard ground work you put into it. Proud of you, I am!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home