Thursday, April 07, 2005

Back to the Track-13km

This time Quarry Track. Got to the Dural end at 5:45am, it was just getting bright.
I've missed running here, the last time was 3 weeks prior to 6FT.
It was cool enough, I wore a t-shirt. On the way out along the ridge I noticed at the cairn they have widened and graded the track leading down to Fishponds, (must try it out one day). As I reached the first descent the view was spectacular. The bank of mist lying in the valley below glistened as the sun rose.I arrived at the bridge in a shade under 23mins (easy) and began the climb up to Stewart Ave. 13mins later I reached the gate (again taking it easy). Felt relatively comfortable running the hill, coming back down, split to bridge was 10:10 and back up to Quarry Rd 28mins. Total 1:14

A good run, nice getting out there on your own sometimes.

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, April 08, 2005, Blogger Horrie said...

Good luck on the weekend Spud. Hope your Canberra experience lays the platform for your schedule ahead. See you in Canberra.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home