Saturday, April 02, 2005

Striders 10km (11km)

A beautiful morning for it. Having never run the domain course before I figured I would bang out some 4:15 kms and see how we go. Packed start made for a slow first km and I missed the marker. 2km marker in 12:26, happy enough with that but legs were feeling pretty dead after yesterdays training. I ran with Mr G from there to the 7km point. 3km split in 3:55, and then 4km split in 4:28, what happened? 5km in 4:24 (21:19 total, I ran 10 seconds slower last week at the CR 5km challenge pushing a pram!)

I commented to Mr G that this was just not right, to which he replied "maybe we're getting too old for this" 6km in 4:13, better but still feeling pretty wanky. Not a huge fan of looped courses, I decided to get a bit more serious at 7km. I opened up a gap on Mr G although I thought he was coming with me.I missed the 7km and 9km markers but splits for 6-8km were 9:03?? and 8-10km 8:05. So I found good legs for the last couple of kms to finish in 42:42.Pleased with that given the week that was.

On reflection and looking at my splits I reckon I was just slacking off big time in the middle there, but wasn't overly motivated for some reason..

Thanks to Action and all the volunteers for making this race possible.

Congrats to all who posted PBs today, see you at Canberra.Spud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home