Sunday, May 22, 2005

Weekend Stuff

Saturday-21st May

Bike-30 minutes spin on the windtrainer, nice to mount he steed again. Hard session.

Sunday-22ndMay- SMH Half Marathon 21.1km

Sat up last night watching the FA Cup final, which ended up going into extra time and penalties (and my team lost :mad: ) so after 2hrs sleep I was not feeling too chirpy at race start. All the more reason to be absolutely rapt with a 5 min PB coming in in 91:18 (gun time).
I had hoped to go out and do the first lap in 4:25 kms but after missing numerous km markers decided to ditch that plan and just go out on how I was feeling. Ended up running what was probably my best paced run to date, finishing strongly.
Duked it out with Redback for the best part of the race, we passed each other numerous times. (Thanks Tim for the elastic band mate ;) )
The CR cheer squad was awesome :D , a great boost and they couldn't of picked a better spot than at the bottom of Argyle Street. Thanks heaps guys.
Unfortunately couldn't hang around too long, I met up with my work mates for our customary Rocks brunch.

Oh... and the organisation this year was first rate, I was handed my bag just as I approached the collection area. Sports drink was a welcome addition and the afters were plentyful.

Congrats to all who ran, there was a lot of PBs out there today.

5 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, May 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Spud, congrats on a fantastic PB! My household was also up last night - but we were on the winning side. Wish I had watched the shoot ou, but much happier with more sleep.. Queen B

 
At 8:58 PM, May 22, 2005, Blogger Robert Song said...

You took your chances and came up with your great PB. Great run.

ManU were undoubtly the better side but you gotta take your chances when they come.

 
At 9:07 AM, May 23, 2005, Blogger Jen said...

Spud, congratulations on a great run. You certainly looked very comfortable out there ! Well done

 
At 6:19 PM, May 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spud,
Excellent writeup. Well done on your half time. Some great bush and hill running down here in Canberra too. Done any?

Ben

 
At 8:12 PM, May 24, 2005, Blogger Horrie said...

Another great run Spud. A huge PB which was well deserved. You are running so strongly and are so consistent. It's good to see the rewards you are getting as you have certainly put the work in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home