Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Wet and soggy intervals-10.6km

No running yesterday, was backed up at work and couldn't sneak out for a run. Probably a good thing I felt a lot fresher today.
2.75km warm up run from work to Rotary Track. It pissed down as soon as I left the building.
The track itself was wet and soft but water run off is pretty good, so not too bad.

Did the following reps (all with 45 second recoveries)

400-89 (3:42/km pace)
400-85 (3:32/km pace)
400-85 (3:32/km pace)
400-85 (3:32/km pace)
400-86 (3:36/km pace)
400-82 (3:25/km pace)
800-3:12(wanted 4min/km pace, so bang on)
800-3:03 (felt good so bashed the second lap-3:42/km pace)

2 laps warm down and 2.5km up Mowbary Rd and back to the office.

Still undecided about what pace to hit for the SMH Half on Sunday but I'll certainly be gunning for a PB. Even pace has never worked for me on this course, I always positive split it. I might try a conservative first half and then wind it up and bring it home over the last 5-7km? Hmm.. easier said than done....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home