Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Trail and Park Run-25km

Some of the Great North Walk and Trailwalker courses again today before heading into LCNP. Set off at 6:15 with a group of guys from work. After running through the streets of Lane Cove as the sun rose, we hit the bush at Tennyson Park and continued along across Fig Tree Bridge and into Hunters Hill. Pace was solid agin today hovering on 5min kms as we re-entered the bush at Buffalo Creek Reserve and followed the GNW to Epping Rd.
We crossed over and entered LCNP at Plassey Rd. Ran down Scribbly, where the others headed right for home, however, just like 2 weeks ago I wanted to run to the gates return for the extra distance. Bumped into Mister G at 5km marker of the Striders 10km course on the way to the gates, turned around and ran to the weir knocking off a few 4:25 kms on the way. Exited the park and ran under Fullers Bridge and into Chatswood Golf course. Ran to the river and joined the trail that hugs the river's edge to Rotary Track. Up Mowbray Rd hill and back across Epping Rd to work. I felt strong today and good on the hills. A solid 25km in 2:03:07 (4:55/km). This is 75 seconds faster than the last time I ran this course.

No run tomorrow as I'm in Melbourne on business for the day.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, May 11, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Give my regards to Broadway...oops! I mean Melbourne!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home