Cherrybrook Circuit STaR and ramblings
6:10am- Bloody cold at the start, -2C at Richmond this morning!!
I wore 2 layers, my striders singlet and coolrunning tritop and was still cold. Gloves were the go, most runners donning them this morning. A big group going out at 6:10. I ran this course last year so knew it was a tough one with quite a few rolling hills, a nice bush section (also hilly) and a long slog to the finish from Pennant Hills Rd up Boundary Rd.
Still it was nice rolling out of bed a bit later than usual for a STaR as this one is only 25 minutes from my place. We rolled along at pretty much bang on 5 min/km pace and then slowed a little as we hit some hills in Berowra Valley Bushland Park. The course was probably the best marked STaR I've done to date, excellent work guys, although some of the chalk markings on some of the steeper bits were very tongue in cheek.
I decided before the run to take the short cut option at B and do 27.2km instead of the full 31.4km. Finished feeling strong with average pace 5:03/km.
A big week ahead with 12 Foot on Saturday and City to Surf the following day. I want to rack up 160 km for the week and that'll be my last big week leading up to GH100 4 weeks later.
Pleased to have been lucky enough to have a few good long Sundays behind me, with a couple of 100km runs in there too, a solid base. Consistency, I'm hoping will be the key to a successful attempt at GH this year, but we'll see..... First things first and a big week ahead...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home