Intervals-11.5km
12pm-East Ryde Football Pitch.
Wandered down to Rotary Track at lunchtime to be met by a school sports day. Plan B was to head across Epping Rd to East Ryde, Boobajool Reserve. I measured out 2.5 rectangular laps as 830mtrs, that'll do.
After 3km warm up got the following splits:
3:04 (3:41/km)
3:04 (3:41/km)
3:08 (3:46/km)
3:08 (3:46/km)
3:12 (3:51/km)
90 second standing recovery between reps.
I felt very ordinary on the 3rd rep and it pretty much stayed that way till the end, I felt tired and had nothing in the legs. Planned on doing 6 but after 5 pulled the pin. Warmed down with 3 laps and 3km back to work.
My lack of speed work pretty evident and I guess the long stuff affecting my top end speed. Still a useful session, just not expecting too much at SS10km on Saturday.


1 Comments:
Spud
I am just checking out blogs and just checked in on yours. I normally dont comment, as I am a bit intimidated by your incredible appetite for kms!
Can I just say that I really admire the fact that you step outside the 'norm' with your running with lots of unheralded runs that probably deserve more attention, (eg running a marathon distance at 1.00am!)
As far as your intervals go, running 42kms and not being able to back up the following day to run 6 repeats is forgivable! 2 days on the other hand...!
Thanks also for your comments on my blog, much appreciated.
Post a Comment
<< Home