Striders Internal Half-23km
My handicap for this race was 94 minutes. I ran 94:27 at SMC a couple of weeks ago and figured with the added 2 weeks of recovery I could give 94 at LCNP a shake.
I stupidly thought this race was on Saturday but was thankful for the extra days rest.
Set off with one other 94 minute handicapper. We would stay together for the first 15km.
Coming off the hill on the second lap I stepped on some debris that had blown onto the road, turned my ankle and went ass over tit. A couple of runners coming the opposite way stopped to see if I was ok, I quickly got up, dusted myself off and took off. Shook me up a bit though knocking the wind from my sails. I didn't lose too much time however and quickly got back into stride. Finished strongly with a few of the gazelles catching me in the last few km.
Splits:
5km-21:56
10km-44:06 (21:59)
15km-1:06:15 (22:07)
20km-1:28:53 (22:39 and fall)
21.1km-1:33:23 (4:30)
The usual catching up with fellow striders topping off a good morning.
Week totals-
Run-58km
Bike-35km
Swim-1100m


2 Comments:
Another good run from you Spud. You are so consistent and just keep churning out good performances. Glad that the tumble didn't slow you down too much.
Well done, I thought I was going to catch you there for a while but then my wheels fell off!
GNW next? Really regret that I won't be there, especially now it seems some navigation skills would be handy.
Post a Comment
<< Home