Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Blog break and update.

It’s been a while since I last blogged, to be honest I was a bit over the whole blog thing and I wasn’t feeling too motivated with my running either, the last couple of weeks. As I’ve mentioned before I felt I was just repeating things over and over. Still it’s good to have the historical data there and being able to browse through almost 1.5yrs worth of blogs is useful I suppose, so I will continue.

So what have I been up to? I have been running most days but maintenance stuff only, no speedwork and I’ve averaged only 55km the last couple of weeks. I have been on the bike though which has been great, a long ride last weekend a nice break from running and a regular spin session on the mag trainer with some work mates too.
Highlight since 6FT was competing in the BRW Corporate triathlon and finishing 11th overall from 800 teams. A great buzz every year, our company sponsoring entry and outfits, pretty cool. It turned to be a duathlon this year as the swim was cancelled due to water pollution in the harbour! We had 6 teams of four representing Cochlear.

I have been in the water too at Lane Cove pool trying to keep some upper body fitness, bumped into Silverfox there last week.

This week I have covered 40km running to date with a good 19km run this morning in LCNP and along the river and Blackman Park. I love the cooler weather, most definitely making my running more enjoyable. I have decided to run the Canberra 50km after all but it will very much be a training run with no taper as I increase my weekly mileage. I want to get back to regular 100km plus weeks with a long ride in there too and hold it for a good base for a big second half year of long ultras. Looking at my blog from this time last year I was fitter then, doing bigger miles with more crosstraining. This helped me have a great year of racing so I hope the same approach will work again this year.

Looking forward to catching up with lots of Striders and CRs at the weekend.

5 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you back blogging Spud - wish I got a dollar for every person who has said they have lost a bit of motivation for running post Six Foot!

Congrats on the duo result!

Enjoy Canberra ;-)

 
At 8:34 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

Good to see you are still out there mate, look forward to catching up down at Canberra.

 
At 8:59 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Tesso said...

I wondered where you'd been Spud! Congrats on the great result at BRW.

Looking forward to catching up on the weekend in Canberra.

 
At 9:12 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Superflake said...

Where am I going to get my daily fix of all things ultra. Good to see you are doing Canberra 50k. I guess i'll hear about since I won't be down there this year. Have a good race and glad the blog is back to speed.

 
At 9:28 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Ewen said...

I'll look out for you in the 50k.

That's a nice old pool at Lane Cove.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home