Canberra Ultra weekend
Very happy chappy!! After smashing my foot against a chest of drawers on Friday night resulting in two very swollen and bruised toes, I am glad to have been able to run at all! The 10km on Saturday arvo was encouraging however, with minimal pain, lots of ice and ibuprofen helping no doubt. The plan there was an easy hitout but somehow I got dragged along by Blue Dog and ended up with just over 45mins.
Sunday, I had originally planned on heading out in 5:15s to give me a total time of 4:25 which would of been the same time as last year. The first few kms were 4:55s so I backed off a little, I then found 5min pace was just right, very comfortable.I went through the marathon in 3:29 and finished the 50km in 4:09.
I let the 3:30 train take off early, their pace was a tad richer than 5min kms. Went through 25km in 2:04 and shortly afterwards had to pull over for a 90 second loo stop, so a negative split for the second half and a 16 minute PB, well chuffed. Probably my best run this year, a good shot in the arm.Some great runs out there, too many to mention, but I must give Clairie a rap for her debut, impressive! A great day with the usual well oiled machine that is the Canberra Marathon. Thanks to Dave, Fran and all the wonderful volunteers!
Splits:
10km-49:32
20km-1:39:41 (50:09)
30km-2:29:30 (49:49)
40km-3:18:42 (49:12)
50km-4:09:20 (50:38)


6 Comments:
Congratulations Spud. Great weekend mate !
Great stuff Spud - that is a superb result!
Spud, you never cease to amaze me. I am sure you are not human. To run 50km at 5 min/km pace a couple of days after smashing your toes the way you did is yet another amazing effort. You are building nicely towards your big events later in the year.
Great time there Spud. Very consistent splits. Does PMC look good know? Congratulations mate.
Yay Spud!!! What a fantastic result, congrats. I'm so glad I had the privelege of running with you, even if it was just briefly.
A belated congratulations Spud for your latest PB!
Post a Comment
<< Home