Thursday, May 25, 2006

Minute pyramids

Ring a bell?-yes taken from the R4YL article in issue 6, I thought I'd give 'em a go.
I decided to go with a 2-3-4-5-4-3-2 pyramid with 1min jog recoveries.
Pace would be half marathon (4:15/km) or slightly quicker.
2.5km warm up run to Rotary Track.
Went like this:
2min-4:08/km
3min-4:15/km
4min-4:06/km
5min-4:08/km
4min-4:08/km
3min-4:01/km
2min-3:42/km (decided to bash the last rep a little as I was feeling good.)

Recoveries jogs were at around 5:10/km.
Warmed down with 2.5km back to work (up Mowbray Rd hill!)
An enjoyable speed session without killing myself. I felt in control and maintained form, more so than I would if I was bashing out 400 metre reps. I liked this one.

Total=12km

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Tesso said...

I thought minute pyramids might be where tiny little Egyptians lived :-)

Sounds like a fun session to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home