STaR-Cherrybrook Chase
First STaR for a long time, I couldn't resist seen as it's probably the closest to home.
A good turnout with a sizeable 6:10 group including Tesso, JD, ORunner, Amjan, Redback, Tom Silk and Gnome amongst others. We ambled around a H4 course (read hilly) in 5:20 pace until around the 17km mark where the pack split in half, the rest deciding to take the short cut. The pace got lively then with a few 4:40s, but we would regroup at water stops. A testing hilly run with a smattering of bush to keep it interesting. Had an ordinary patch from around 16-23km but came alive to finish strongly. 31km-5:09 pace.


3 Comments:
Nice group. Good pace for a long run Spud. Those Striders short cuts saved me many times.
I hate that STaR. I guess having a hill every time you turn a corner doesn't help. I much prefer longer hills spaced out. Good pace though on the H4 course.
Good to see you yesterday, that was a good tough run.
Good work on sparking up in the last few km's, they certainly kept things going the whole way!
Post a Comment
<< Home