Goodbye Rosie......
Friday- Lunchtime run swim run with Virtual and Tony. Swam an easy km, was happy with time, looks like I haven't lost too much swim fitness. Great way to recover.
Saturday- Rest
Sunday- After last nights works xmas party I had SMC 10km on the radar. Trouble was when we got back home last night we found a very sick bunnie rabbit. Looks like she broke her back (apparently not uncommon), completely lame back legs, not good, so a restless night and then off to the vet first thing where we were faced with having to put her to sleep. My eldest daughter Eilish was distraught. We buried her in her favourite spot in the back yard.
I did manage a 70min run through Schofields and Marsden Park. Body felt surprisingly good, blisters healing and legs coming good again.
We're heading to Port Macquarie for a few days, looking forward to some family time, and a relaxed training week. I intend to eat, sleep and drink lots ;-)
Next up, well with Bogong looking doubtful, I might venture into the world of track running and give the 12hr Gosford Coastal Classic a bash. I have wanted to run this one for a couple of years but with B2H on the same weekend, well there's never been a contest, still keeping my fingers crossed on B2H though.
I haven't even begun to put some thoughts down on paper about the C2K experience, still letting it all sink in.
It was such an awesome event, one I promised I wouldn't do again. Now I'm thinking what could I do better next time? It really is a silly sport. Blister management would see me at Kosci a whole lot sooner, I know that much. Another thing that crossed my mind was the absolute value of your crew during this event. I don't think I properly acknowledged both Vegie Girl and Whippet for their assistance, without which I would not have completed the trifecta. Andrew's pacing and foot mainteneance was paramount to me being able to continue and finish and what can I say about Vegie Girl. She cooked, cleaned, planned, fed and almost dressed me out there, crewing on her own for the first 18hrs or so no mean feat. Her experience from last years C2K was a huge help. Untiring and always encouraging, I couldn't fault her and am forever thankful to her. Thanks hugely guys, oh and Tim too who after his unfortunate dnf continued to help out with crewing too.


7 Comments:
How about a training run at Six Foot instead of B2H? O Runner has details.
LOL - I wondered how long it would be before you started to think about doint C2K again - you're right it is a silly sport ;-)
Good to see the recovery is going well Spud.
Sorry to hear about the bunny though.
A silly sport for crazy people indeed :-}
The triple crown is yours a huge congratulations to you!
I may see you at Coastal Classic if Black Stump doesn't grind me into the ground (working 12hr nightshift NYE)
Cheers R2B
I can't beleive you are already thinking about another ultra already, especially one that goes round and round in circles!
Enjoy the hol at Port. Are you going to catch up with Miners?
You're right Spud. It is a crazy sport. But one that keeps the challenges coming. If B2H isn't on, you and the Dog will tear it up at Gosford. My aim for another top 10 finish is starting to look a bit flimsy. Good luck with the recovery. See you at Quarry Rd on Sunday.
poor rosie!
and btw b2h is officially off now!
Spud,
Great performance at C2K, looking forward to the full report. Might only be fatass and a handful of crazies out there doing it, but there is such a helluva lot of camaraderie out there it is like having another family.
Good to see the recovery is going well, but i reckon we both have alot of running to do before we think about next years C2K, so enjoy a great Christmas and New Year and then contemplate the future !!!
Kelvin
Post a Comment
<< Home