Tis the season..
We had a great few days up at Port Macquarie, very relaxing with lots of sitting around the pool watching the kids having a ball. It's been 5 years since we last visited Port, I'd almost forgotten how beatutiful it is there. We stayed at Shelly Beach directly across from Sea Acres Rainforest Reserve.
I wandered out for a few runs too, never realised how hilly Pacific Drive is 'till I ran there. Good to see a fair chunk of the Ironman course too, no doubt a challenging course.
My weeks "training" was as follows:
Monday-8km easy
Tuesday-Rest
Weds-17km hilly run along the wonderful trails hugging the coastline from Shelly beach to Town Beach and the Breakwall and then returning along the same trails down along Oxley Beach-Rocky Beach-Flynn's Beach-Shelley Beach-Miners Beach to the Lighthouse and back to Shelly Beach. Saw a pod of dolphins just off the shore from the lighthouse and nearly tripped over a goanna on the trail hugging Miners Beach. Felt pretty wasted after this run with C2K still very much in the legs.
Thurs- 8.5km- Shelly Beach to the lighthouse again and then down the imfamous Matthew Flinders Drive along Lighthouse Beach. This the road section most of the Ironman competitors dread come April. It's got a ripper of a hill and they have to negotiate this 3 times during the 180km bike leg. I could appreciate it's gradient just running it. Swung back around and returned to Shelly Beach for a pleasant albeit tough sweaty humid 8.5km run.
Friday-Returned to Sydney
Saturday- Local burbs 10.5km run. Vineyard and Riverstone loop. Must of been 100% humidity this morning.
After peeling copius amounts of dead skin off the balls of my feet yesterday it was interesting running on "new" skin, now I just gotta toughen them up.
Off to Quarry Road tomorrow for the traditional Christmas eve run. Should be interesting to see how the legs pull up on some hilly trails again.


2 Comments:
Good to see the recovery progressing well Spud.
See ya on the track tomorrow ;-)
I might not get a chance to visit Blogsville before then so I want to say ...
MERRY CHRISTMAS SPUD!!!!!!
Hope you and Mrs Spud and the little Spudettes have fun fun fun.
See you in 2007 :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home