Tempo Thursday-20km
6.15am Lane Cove National Park up to Ryde Rd gates. Ran hard up Tunks Hill and up to the gates, turned aronund and ran 10km pace back to the weir.
Legs were feeling the kms of the past few days but I needed the change in tempo. It felt good to push the HR into the 170s.
20km-1.43
I have adopted John Lindsay's approach to heat training for the Western States 100 miler. It worked very well for him last year so I figured why not.
Basically involves running in ridiculous amounts of clothes with beanies, jackets and pants, hot baths every afternoon and a very steamy 1hr drive home in the evening with the car heater on full bore.
There are downsides, apart from the huge pile of sweaty clothes everyday, rocking up to pick up my daughter from ballet class after work is a tad embarassing when you are saturated through. 8)


4 Comments:
Wow, sounds like an interesting approach. Lucky we're not in the middle of summer.
Must be a very good idea as he seemed to have a good race because of it.
I can just hear your daughter now - the same cry said by daughters the world over: Awwwww daddddddddd!
Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.
Speaking of which - I am going to have a crack at the Kanangra extention - probably August.
Post a Comment
<< Home