Wiseman's Ferry Old Great North Road Fatass Run


Had a good run with Rod. We ran pretty solidly out to Clare's Bridge where we turned around and took the Western Commision Track back to Wiseman's Ferry. I really enjoyed this part of the run which is basically a hard packed fire trail that runs along the ridgeline directly opposite the Old Great North Road. The last 3-4 kms dropping back down to the road were fantastic, I pushed on and let gravity do the rest, at one stage the Garmin was spitting out 3:30 kms, a good quad smasher and excellent WS training.
All up 38km on the dot in 3.27. A good morning was had by all. I hung around for a bit and watched a few others coming off the final hill looking well pleased albeit a tad sore from the downhill pounding. I had to leave soon after as I had a Mothers' Day lunch booked at the local pub, a nice way to finish off the day.
Sunday- Wanted an early morning run but it was Mothers' day so I got up and helped the girls make breakfast for Mum.
I did however manage to hop on the indoor trainer for an hour in the arvo.


2 Comments:
What a great google-earth pic!
Nice run Spud.
Thanks for organising the run Spud. It's a lovely part of the world to be running in. Another good run by you considering you were taking it easy. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home