Flowers in your hair..
San Francisco.
Golden Gate Run

It's nice to be able to breathe again. I love this place. So much more relaxed, a lot like Sydney town. Arrived yesterday after a 6hr flight from New York, I was glad to leave NY actually, my voice had all but disappeared and I was having trouble with my chest. Voice is back now but the chest is still a bit tender.
I met up with Carol, Phil and Sportsman last night, the ever gracious Carol and Phil taking us to a wonderful vegetarian restaurant near Fisherman's Wharf followed with a tour of downtown San Fran in their cool hybrid car. I was here about 10 years ago with Sue and we both fell in love with the place. I remember driving across the Golden Gate bridge in our hire car thinking how cool it was, so today (against my better judgement) I ventured out in the cold wind for a "headspace" run. Having not ran for a few days I was gagging to get out there again. I figured a run from the hotel in Fishermans to Golden Gate park, up and over the bridge return for a roundtrip of maybe 10-12km at most, didn't bother g-mapping. Turned out to be an 18km round trip, a very enjoyable one too, albeit a bit blowy on the span of the bridge. My legs feel super fresh from the taper, just gotta get the chest cleared up now and I'll be raring to go come next week.
Mellum arrive today, in fact they should be here now along with Paul and Di, Horrie and Belinda. We must catch up and talk tactics.
Till next time...


2 Comments:
I'd like to see a photo of you with flowers in your hair Spud ;-)
Glad to hear that your trip is going well. Everyone over here is really excited about the AA & I imagine that there will be loads of CRs following the race & even more thinking of you guys.
I thought that looked like a long run! They picked a good fog-free day for the satelite photo.
Isn't there just one tactic - Relentless Forward Motion?
Post a Comment
<< Home