Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New York, New York

Reporting from New York. Crap flights to the US, Qantas have dropped their level of quality and service sadly, not impressed.
Still arrived safely albeit without my bags. The new re-checking of bags at LA airport is a mess.
Only just received my second bag with all my running gear in it, was worried there for a while.
Popped down to Central Park for a loosener only I never really loosened up, very gluggy, jetlag no doubt.
It's sunny and around 27C so good conditioning before WS. New York is a crazy cool place, metropolis at its best, nearly got dragged into the Letterman Show today off the street in full running kit too!!

Staying about 2km from the park so a good warm up walk there and I guess around 10km to run a full loop. The Garmin only latched on toward the end of the run, probably as jetlagged as I was.

3 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, June 12, 2007, Blogger Tesso said...

NY - how exciting!!!! Crazy as it is don't you just love it! It has a personality all of its own. Ah, I'm soooooo jealous.

You should have gone to the Letterman show. You know he's a runner?

Have fun. And maybe take the running gear on board as hand luggage from now on.

 
At 10:14 PM, June 12, 2007, Blogger silverfox said...

Spud

You are primed for a big one. I reckon we are about to see something really special from you mate. Back yourself and enjoy the ride.

Thanks also for all your encouragmenet and kind words, really appreciated.

I am really excited for you lot, you will remember this trip always.

 
At 8:35 PM, June 16, 2007, Blogger Ewen said...

A non-race CR sighting on Letterman. Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home