Friday, June 15, 2007

Manhattan update

Times Square



View from the Empire State Bulding today.





New York has been fun. I have managed a few runs in Central Park most mornings this week, one of which was at 5am due to my never endng jet lag.
Running in Central Park is interesting, a mecca for runners and cyclists alike, there is virtually no traffic and with dedicated running and cycling lanes it's a welcome relief from the big smoke.
New Yorkers don't run very fast either, in fact running anywhere near 4min kms and you are passing everyone. I got attacked by a dog (well a puppie really) running around the lake. It proceeded to tear my tongue apart (shoe tongue that is) and was quite happy to grab a hold of my ankle too. The owner quickly called it off as I started screaming like a girl.

I fall asleep most days around 4pm (long days on my feet at an expo) so nanna naps in the arvo. I have also lost my voice and my chest is not happy. Maybe I've caught Virtual's disease? So not much running between now and race day I shouldn't imagine, just a few trots around San Fran and then off to the mountains.

Leave NY for SF tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, June 15, 2007, Blogger Horrie said...

We're leaving for San Francisco tomorrow as well. See you over there. Sleep numbers are in single digits now. Getting close, can't wait!

 
At 3:35 PM, June 15, 2007, Blogger Brendan said...

They are the symptoms. Mine is almost gone. A bit of rest fixed it. See you in truckee

 
At 2:53 PM, June 16, 2007, Blogger Tesso said...

Thanks for the pics of my favourite city :-)

Seeing them had me thinking that trail running vs road running is a bit like that show Green Acres.

Have fun in San Francisco. Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair :-)

 
At 8:53 PM, June 16, 2007, Blogger Ewen said...

Don't get lost in the fog... or if you're touring around northern California, stuck in Lodi again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home