Preparing for Glasshouse
Last big week before GH with a great race in the Blue Mountains to finish it off.
I'll enjoy a two week taper now and freshen up for GH100 miler in 2 weeks.
Mon-9km-45mins-Easy College
Tue-16km-80mins-LCNP
Wed-19.5km-1.46-LCNP
Thu-12km-54mins-Tempo Longuie Loop
Fri-5km-25min-Easy Lane Cove
Sat-Mt Wilson to Bilpin Trail 35km
This is a cracker bush run, with some of he best terrain and scenery around.
The race organisation was excellent, that said I agree with FPT an earlier start or later buses would be better.The trail for mine was very well marked and marshalled. I caught the first placed girl at around the 10km mark running through the muddy trails (how much fun was that). I latched on to Alan who ran an 87 minute Hidden Half last weekend and thought I'd do well to stay with him. We pulled each other along quite nicely and ran all the way from 10km to Bowens creek. I climbed the final 6kms a lot stronger than 2003 where I walked a fair chunk, and ran all the way to finish with a nice 20 minute PB in 2.50.
Shame there is so much happening in August that conspired to me missing this run the last few years, I will try and make it an annual event.
I loved the scones and coffee at the start and the hot shower afterwards...classic. Great to catch up with heaps of Striders and CRs.
Total=96km


6 Comments:
Is GH in only two weeks?
Gosh that came around quickly.
enjoy the taper dude.
might see u at glasshouse hey? ;)
Congrats on a great result on the weekend Spud.
You must be thinking a GH PB is on the cards now. Hopefully all the crappy weather they've been having up there is out of the way now.
Great run Spud. I told you that you'd do a sub 3.
Sorry I haven't been by in a while Spud - but huge congrats on your Silver Buckle - such an awesome achievement.
Good to see you keep on keeping on afterwards too.
Great stuff as always mate.
A 20 minute PB! Can't argue with that.
Enjoy the taper for GH. Say g'day to my mate Steve. He had a shocker at the last one.
Post a Comment
<< Home