Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Running and Facebook

Not much happened last week, ran a few days here and there, left hammie tightened up through the week so all runs were very easy. Ran a total of 30kms with a nice easy run at the Orange Blossom Fun Run in Castle Hill at the end of the week.
I've been eating like crazy and sleeping well, so recovery is coming along nicely.
I will be out of action for a couple of weeks due to an operation on Thursday.
Nothing serious but I'll need to rest up afterwards. Probably a good thing to have an enforced break and then come back for GNW. This means no Sydney marathon which I'm a bit bummed about but hopefully I'll be back in action for some training over the GNW course in October.
I signed up to Facebook the other day and it has totally freaked me out. I never realised so many people were already on there. I'm in two minds about it. What with blogs and CR I don't know where I'll get the time for facebook too! This virtual world we live in is a tad depressing. Example: Sue (my wife) used to get a bunch of e-mails from her high school pals, that's dried up now however due to Facebook. Apparently she needs to sign up in order to be in the loop again. Hmmm...

The jury's out. I'll persevere for now but we'll see..

6 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, September 18, 2007, Blogger Tesso said...

Facebook is a bit overwhelming with all the applications and stuff. Fun though :-)

Good luck with the op.

 
At 7:57 PM, September 18, 2007, Blogger Ewen said...

I've barely got time to read blogs and look at CR. If I wasn't running so much...

 
At 9:21 PM, September 18, 2007, Blogger 2P said...

I don't know anyone smart enough to use facebook other than my running buddies.

Good luck with the op.

 
At 10:59 PM, September 18, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

Hope the op & the recovery go well.

Take care!

 
At 8:13 PM, September 19, 2007, Blogger undercover brother said...

good luck tomorrow dude.
what kind of op is it again?

facebook sucks.
not enough time!
will ferrell is gonna disappear from there i think!

 
At 12:12 PM, September 24, 2007, Blogger tim said...

what's a facebook. I did a face plant on the powerlines this year. Well, according to someone's race report.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home