Friday, February 06, 2009

Challenges

It's been a while since I last blogged. Not that I haven't been training and racing, just not blogging as regularly. Still slowly putting together a race report for C2K, at this rate it'll be finished in time for this year's run. Bogong to Hotham was a fun weekend with mates, very much enjoyed running with Mellum and of course the biggest news is that we finally got our shit together to give the AAWT a bash, in fact only 8 more sleeps. This challenge excites me like no other, the toughness of what we are about take on is not to be taken for granted either, averaging 40-45kms a day for 14 days with about half of them hauling heavy packs will be tough..real tough.Thanks to Kath and UCB's crewing though, we will have access to Andy's mothership for vital replenishment and a change of clothes every now and again. Andy has been working tirelessly on logistics and spending a lot of his time studying topo maps plotting our course. If the weather Gods are kind and the bodies hold up we could do it, and be the first to cover the entire AAWT in 14 days. Giddyup!

More big news. I finally have a focus for the year after AAWT. I luckily snagged a spot in this years Ultra Trail Du Mont Blanc 100 miler in France, late August.
I have been eyeing off this run the past few years and this year the stars have aligned for me to get over there and give it a bash. With almost 2300 runners last year, this event is the biggest ultra in Europe and one of the big ones on ultra runners' wish lists. 166kms of trails around Mont Blanc and 9400mtrs of climb. I am rapt!

5 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, February 06, 2009, Blogger Blair said...

Wow! Congratulations on getting into Mont Blanc! That's fantastic news. Good luck on the AAWT too. I'm very jealous of the fun you guys are going to have

 
At 7:00 PM, February 06, 2009, Blogger plu said...

AAWT ?

Good to hear from you.

cheers Plu

 
At 10:50 PM, February 06, 2009, Blogger Superflake said...

Congratulations on the Mont Blanc entry. Sounds like it will be huge!

 
At 10:52 PM, February 06, 2009, Blogger Tesso said...

Mont Blanc sounds like a walk in the park compared to the AAWT ;) Still can't believe you guys are doing that .... so exciting!

 
At 1:48 PM, February 22, 2009, Blogger Jen said...

Wow! That is sensational, congrats on getting the spot!

Looking forward to following the lead up to the big race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home